Finding your way in the PMIP 2 Database
It may not be easy at first to find what you are looking for in the
DB, and you will probably have to read several web pages on this site
before. This page will give you a few pointers and should help you get
- You can find a lot of useful information in the Experimental Design section. You should at
least look at:
- How the control/pre-industrial (0 kyr),
mid-holocene (6 kyr) and last glacial maximum (21 kyr) are
defined in terms of boundary
- The list of available variables.
- The overview of the output
format (in short, the variables are stored in netcdf
- Once you have a local or remote access, the Database structure page will tell you
where the files are stored in the directory hierarchy.